Here are some things that you can do yourself to check that your door is working correctly
- Check that the door is opening and closing smoothly and not jamming or jumping when sliding.
- When lifting the handles or lock mechanism, check that it does not jam
- Check that the tracks are not damaged or dented at any point.
- Check that there are no particles or dirt obstructing the rollers or boogies.
- If the door is not locking properly then put the door in the open position lift the lock handle up and down to see if it moves freely and that all the bolts on the side of the door are moving up and down. This can help to determine whether there is damage to the locking mechanism or instead if it might be a problem with the alignment of the moving door.